cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband installation

Paulabear89
Tuning in

I have just taken out a broadband package, and opted for the home set up. I have these connections in the property, are these the right connections? Or do I need something different? Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Paulabear89
Tuning in

It won't let me upload the picture but it is the virgin phone line box, and another virgin box underneath that is sideways 

Screenshot_20230218-191719.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont know... but if you post some photos of the wall boxes, connectors and cables someone can tell you. What package and "VM boxes" did you get?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I've managed to add a picture of them. They were already in the property when I moved in. Waiting on the device getting delivered.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bottom left hand box should have a screw connector on the right hand side that the cable to be supplied will push fit onto.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ahh ok, thank you. It seems the previous people before me have cut the cable and the connection is jammed in the box, so think I will need to get an engineer. 

Screenshot_20230218-211347.png

Screenshot_20230218-211336.png

@Paulabear89 wrote:

Ahh ok, thank you. It seems the previous people before me have cut the cable and the connection is jammed in the box, so think I will need to get an engineer.  

Use a 11mm spanner, or other tool, to unscrew the connector/cut cable. Explained in detail in this very similar topic from a few weeks ago

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-VM-wall-socket-wall-socket-damage/m-p/...

where the OP managed a DIY connection in similar circumstances

Aww thank you. I'll give that a try 🙂

Hi Paulabear89,

Just wanted to check in on how you did with the cable that seems to have been cut in the pictures you posted, where you able to unscrew it? 

If not, we can still get a engineer booked in to assist 👨‍🔧

Thanks,

Megan_L