Menu
Highlighted
Frida12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband install for old apartment

Hello,
2 weeks ago I moved to an old building in bt7 to discover absolutely no broadband cable points, just a very old phone jack, despite using the online check function on virgin's site saying this property is ok for broadband self set up. Called virgin to explain we need a manned install etc, waited a week to have engineer come in take a look around and say "you need a complete new install I can't do it today, call virgin and tell them" well yes, that is why you're here mate.. so annoying. Anyway
I'm about to call them. My question being, am I supposed to pay for all of this? We received our first bill the other day and laughed.. anyone else been in this situation?
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband install for old apartment

I paid £20 for the whole install.

Appeared on first bill but no money paid before service began.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Frida12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank u, this gives me hope! Just on hold with virgin as they try to sort this out...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frida12

Thanks for joining us on the forums!

Has the install happened since you posted and have they made sure you were only bulled form the time you were installed?

This is what happens for customers as a rule so you should not have been billed prior to the connection being completed.

Let us know Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Frida12
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no internet yet.. but engineer is booked for Friday. Hopefully all goes smoothly as we have since found out that this apartment did have virgin media 2 years ago but has since undergone a renovation resulting in pulling out of lines.. 

customer service via phone assured us we won't be charged until installed and ready to go so that's good 😅

0 Kudos
Frida12
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow.. just had an unexpected visit from two virgin media guys, even more grumpy and confused as to what they were doing here than the last one. Reluctantly put in a "box" on the outside of building, said they don't have a wire long enough to reach my apartment so will leave that for the engineer due Friday. 

0 Kudos