cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband in my area

Dawlish17
Joining in

Received a card through my letterbox about two years ago stating that we would have virgin soon…99% of my town has recently been completed apart from my housing estate even though the connection boxes are about a hundred metres away. Would anyone know the reason why as I know there would be a large uptake of the service….Sr78de postcode

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dawlish17 

Asking the same question in another part of the forum isn't going to alter the answer 😉

Having said that - I've moved your post to the broadband section which is monitored by staff. Although the online postcode checker is the "official" method of checking the serviceability of any address, there are processes for checking whether an address flagged as "no" can potentially be "yes" if the kit appears to be in-place in nearby addresses.

Not a promise by any stretch, but hang around here and someone more familiar with this (including the staff team) can advise more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dawlish17,

The VM postcode checker indicates it's available for addresses matching your postcode https://store.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Appreciate the reply but it says not available DDCE82BE-5135-4E83-A66C-BCB0AAA71F9D.png

Dawlish17
Joining in
Broadband in my area

Received a card through my letterbox about two years ago stating that we would have virgin soon…99% of my town has recently been completed apart from my housing estate even though the connection boxes are about a hundred metres away. Would anyone know the reason why as I know there would be a large uptake of the service….Sr78de postcode

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dawlish17 

Asking the same question in another part of the forum isn't going to alter the answer 😉

Having said that - I've moved your post to the broadband section which is monitored by staff. Although the online postcode checker is the "official" method of checking the serviceability of any address, there are processes for checking whether an address flagged as "no" can potentially be "yes" if the kit appears to be in-place in nearby addresses.

Not a promise by any stretch, but hang around here and someone more familiar with this (including the staff team) can advise more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for info and tagging moderator, wasn’t sure to be honest which board to put it in and couldn’t find “ broadband”…appreciate the help and would love to get virgin into our estate..cheers 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dawlish17

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please do register your interest in the link given above as we are expanding our network 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Have done many times, like I say we received a card through our door a few years ago stating that work was starting soon. We live in a town of about 25000 people and every housing estate has been completed apart from ours , would love to know the reason why.

main virgin connection boxes are already installed within 100 metres of our house, baffling

I see, it's not something we'd sadly know from here so all we can recommend is you re-register the interest and hopefully soon.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill