cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband hub set up

shauntbrady
Joining in

Hi,

I have just moved into a flat and have received the set up kit. I used the address checker to see if the kit would be usable at my address but it looks like the cable is not compatible with the port (open reach master socket 5C) that is currently in the flat. The only thing it looks like it can plug into is a port labelled “SAT”. 

Would an engineer have to come out to install the correct port? 

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If Virgin have sent that kit they will have a record of a previous installation there. Those certainly aren't the correct sockets. If you can't find any other connection you will have to phone in and book a manned installation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah it did confirm the kit would work when I used the address checked on the site. 

i suppose I’ll have to get in touch and get an engineer out. Does anyone know the best means to get in touch with them? Call or email? 

You'll need to phone in to book a manned installation. This situation happens quite often. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
is your flat serviced directly from the outside from a VM "Omnibox" attached on your outside wall - its usually brown or white plastic. If so... then trace where the cable from it comes into your flat - usually through a hole drilled through the wall. Search for evidence of connection on theinside of that hole. It may be "hidden", decorated over, or a previous tenant may have removed it.

Or is the whole "block" served from and internal VM distribution box?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shauntbrady, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I can see you've had some helpful and informative replies - have you been able to speak to the team since your post. It seems like an engineer would have been needed. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.