Menu
Jen1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping connection all week

Since the start of this working week (1st of Feb 21) I have experienced constant broadband drop outs while working. It has dropped out several times today, including when I was working late to make up the time I missed from the drop outs earlier in the day!! I had to tether to my phone’s data hotspot to get my work finished.

I checked the MyVirginMedia app each time I had a drop out and it said there were no issues with my broadband.

Having tweeted about my issues I was sent a link by a VM team member to check my connection. It was a webpage of the app so no surprises when it said everything was fine.

It was then suggested that I scan for black spots. Of course, the VirginMediaConnect app required that in order for me to carry out the scans, I reboot the rooter. 5th reboot of the day...
So obviously, once I reboot the router and scan all of the rooms, there is no issue, the signal to all of my rooms is ‘great’!

So now, as advised, I’ve signed up to the VM forums (which I absolutely did not want to do) to put up a post for a member of the team to look into the issue for me... 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping connection all week

If it's dropping out because of WiFi then all you will typically get is a WiFi booster, or WiFi pod at £5/month unless you are on a big package where you get them free. 

Can you connect to your hub via a cable connection? It doesn't have to be permanent, but we need to see if your connection problems are purely WiFi or if it's a general connection issue with your hub. 

0 Kudos
Jen1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping connection all week

I’m unable to connect the hub via a cable without having to purchase a cable that will reach and an adapter for my device.

I’m currently rebooting the router again as it has been offline for a while now this evening. I have devices plugged directly into it & it is only because their lights are flashing because they’ve lost connection that I know it isn’t a wifi issue. Photo below to show the current packet loss.

7EE8337C-001F-4E84-886C-2FF5AE028E6D.jpeg

0 Kudos