Menu
Highlighted
Nonspringy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband at different address

Hi All

I want to get broadband for my parents for Christmas, however, I (and obviously my bank details) live at a different address to where the installation will take place - is this possible to do?

Also, they don’t want it to go through their current BT phone line?

Thanks for any responses in advance 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband at different address

Hello

There is no problems of using a different set of bank details, the broadband and internet, don't use the BT sockets, seperate connection depending on area, broadband has its own coaxial cable to the router, and phone line would be either a virginmedia socket or if your in an area where phone is VOIP.

Best to speak to sales.

Call 0800 952 8046 * from any phone

Monday to Sunday, 8am until 10pm

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
Nonspringy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have been round to parents and did whatever they needed to do outside property, told my mother she’s all good to go when engineer installs next month. A friend has now said to me that as it is a council property that I may have needed to obtain permission from them in the first instance?

is this correct? 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Every tenant should obtain their landlord's permission as installation always requires the exterior wall to be drilled through and for an external termination box, known as an omni box, to be fixed to the wall. Inside the property a wall socket will also be fitted.

Quite often the landord will be happy for all of this to be done but can be less than happy if not consulted about it in advance. And thinking about it some landlords want to be the account holder and recharge the costs to the tenant.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos