cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Hell

RobC3
Tuning in

I ordered Virgin broadband on the 12th November prior to moving into a new build property.

The next door neighbour has broadband installed and I presumed would be a seamless install into my property a few metres away. 

pre-install work was scheduled for 3rd December for engineer visit on the 4th.

this was then re-scheduled to the 6th December and engineer visit on the 13th.

This was then pushed back to the 7th December. 
I waited in all day for the engineer to visit to carry out a site inspection. No virgin media vans came to my address, nobody knocked on my door and no one came to assess my property.

Then with no notification, no email, no text message and no contact at all my appointments vanished from the virgin media app.

I then called customer services to enquire when my broadband would be installed and was told that my address was “non serviceable!?”

No explanation as to why my address was non serviceable and that my order was to be cancelled. 
I work from home and am losing a lot of money by having no internet access.

it has taken almost a month to tell me that my address in non- serviceable. I need to ring customer services for updates on engineer visits and have wasted hours on the phone.

To make matters worse I called the property developer who built my house and he told me the virgin broadband cable runs through my front garden and is baffled as to why virgin broadband cannot be installed at my address.

I have been promised a call from a manager on 2 separate occasions which haven’t happened.

I am appalled at the service I have received and was not even made aware my order had been cancelled.

I would like to be contacted by an engineer or manager and given an explanation as to why I cannot get broadband at my address.

16 REPLIES 16

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Still not received a call about this. The worst customer service I have ever received. 
How a company can run like this baffles me!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It baffles many of us, but if you care to read down this page you will find you are not alone.  Can you get a 4g/5g mobile data service while you are waiting? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What did JOE-C from VM say about the issue?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Joe C told me to call the pre-installation team.

I then spent 1hr on the phone- nobody could give me an answer as to why my address is non serviceable.

I then got put through to customer retention who then said my account is no longer active and that I needed to be put through to the sales team!

Frustrating doesn’t cover it…

Just seems that every department I talk to wants to fob me off to the next department.

I spend hours on the phone and get no answers to my queries.

virgin media are the only high speed broadband provider in my area hence why I am persevering with this.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's any help, here's a link to when full fibre may be coming to your area.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

natashae4
Joining in

Broadband hell. "We are sorry there has been a delay with your order. We are working to progress your order however, if you are still seeing this message after five or more days, please call the Sky Switch Squad...

natashae4
Joining in

Broadband hell. "We are sorry there has been a delay with your order. We are working to progress your order however, if you are still seeing this message after five or more days, please call the Sky Switch Squad.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]