cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosters and Compensation

basic
Joining in

Hello.

I have tried over 20 times to get this point accross on the phone, so i thought i’d take to here where my words can’t be misinterpreted.

I ordered virgin media in February/March. It has only just been set up this Monday, the 15th of August. Absolutely ridiculous. The installation team would not stop cancelling and moving my appointment forwards even after ‘guaranteeing’ that it would be not be cancelled.

I waited hours on hold, all to be promised call backs that never happened. Living like a monk for months wasn’t even the worst of it, now that it’s here i don’t get connection in half of my house, and i’m expected to pay £5 a month for a booster? I would like to be spoken to by some form of compensation team for this ridiculous service delivered. Has anyone else has this experience?

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

So when exactly did you order, and what was the first date that you were given for the installation?

Not that VM will want to admit it but you are entitled to compensation (ie credit off of your bill) of £5.25 for each day between the first promised installation date and when it actually happened. Could be a tidy sum really!

So first, you need to initiate a formal complaint, requesting every penny owed in compensation - details are on VM's website. Now this will almost certainly be fobbed off, ignored, you being told you aren't entitled to anything so jog on etc.

No worries, just post back here and we can advise on how to escalate it to the industry adjudicator. Unless, of course, a member of the forum team wants to get involved and sort it out amicably before we are forced into the nuclear option!

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey basic, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear it took you that long to get installed with us.

unfortunately pods are chargeable depending what package you are, if anyone in household is with O2 you would be eligible for the VOLT benefits which allow you free pods and a speed upgrade.  

I will send you a PM and we can discuss this in more details 

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?