Menu
GobiDesert
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Booster Issues

I have a hub 3 and 3 boosters (1 small and 2 big).

on the large booster I get a constant flashing red light. When I try to use the sync button I get a green flashing light then it goes back to flashing red. They are all plugged into the same room.

The Virgin WiFi app just tells me that someone else is logged into the settings on the hub so I can’t use that to problem solve. 

I have rebooted and reset everything so many times I’m sick of doing it.

Please help before I throw them out the window.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster Issues

Hi GobiDesert

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

Please can you try this guide which should help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Lightning-750
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem as GobiDesert with the main Virgin Booster that is connected to my Hub 3 constantly flashing red, all your help was to send him and me around in circles back to the trouble shooting page which after you've tried everything on the trouble shooting sends me/GobiDesert to the Virgin Community.

To be honest I am sick and tired of the problems for the last month we have had with our Virgin broadband especially since my wife has had to work from home and if its not sorted out soon my wife and I will be leaving and going to another reliable broadband provider.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Lightning-750 wrote:

I have the exact same problem as GobiDesert with the main Virgin Booster that is connected to my Hub 3 constantly flashing red, all your help was to send him and me around in circles back to the trouble shooting page which after you've tried everything on the trouble shooting sends me/GobiDesert to the Virgin Community.

To be honest I am sick and tired of the problems for the last month we have had with our Virgin broadband especially since my wife has had to work from home and if its not sorted out soon my wife and I will be leaving and going to another reliable broadband provider.

Try buying some better kit?

0 Kudos
Lightning-750
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What other than Virgin equipment/kit?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Lightning-750 wrote:

What other than Virgin equipment/kit?

Yes, lots of VM users end up buying their own kit to ensure good wireless coverage.

0 Kudos
Lightning-750
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Lightning-750 wrote:

Any suggestions?

The HUB you have from VM now (HUB 3 or HUB 4) can be put into what's called 'Modem Mode'. This means it just provides internet, and nothing else.

You can then use your own router, or mesh system, and connect the HUB to it using an ethernet cable.

You then open yourself to a huge array of options.

Things to consider:

• Budget.
  • House size.
  • Number of devices.
0 Kudos