cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking an engineer

jburge
Tuning in

Recently ordered a quick start kit but it is not working and need an engineer. Been trying to phone now for several days and it gets cut off every single time after waiting 45+ minutes. Anybody know how to book an appointment in a different way? Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way is your QuickStart not working?

You may be able to get help on here, but you'll need to explain what the problem is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have just moved house and thought the previous owners had virgin already but it seems like they used sky from the wires. There is supposedly a virgin broadband wire/box in the house but I have looked absolutely everywhere and can’t find it so I think one may need to be installed by an engineer 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I have tried calling at least 20 times now, every time i get disconnected after 45 minutes. Can’t get through to anyone no matter what time I phone

Good Afternoon @jburge, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've faced when trying to convert your Quickstart install to a manned install.

Can you please provide us with an update on this? Have you now been able to speak to our team to have this arranged?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Still not fixed the problem and not managed to book an engineer. 

Hi jburge, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I can only apologise for the issues you've had trying to get the appointment booked. 

Checking things this end, I can see you have since been able to get an appointment booked. Please come back and update us on how the visit goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs