Menu
Callum7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Booking an Engineer

Hi, my quick start set up pack arrived today, I’ve actually not got the correct equipment to connect up like I thought I had. How do I go about getting an engineer coming out to set up the latest equipment?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking an Engineer

Try 0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
jldiablo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same boat.. 

What I had done was to book a fault appointment for an engineer to come out (online and fairly quickly).. They will confirm the wiring is not there or equipment not working etc, and they can book further work needed whether is installing new line or something else. 

I've managed to get as far as getting the new line pulled to the outside of my property, but I am struggling to get further appointment to do the internal wiring because of the useless customer service.. The customer service not only useless but also borderline rude. Very eager to hung up on you, and never had anyone calling back when promised a call back.

They constantly telling lies and make up stories without actually helping you: a few stories I heard from different people so far for why they can't book the internal wiring work for me: 1. I need to wait 7 days for my old phone number be transferred before internal wiring can be booked. 2. External work has not finished yet. (which I know is a lie, I witnessed the engineer completed everything outside and they told me the only remaining work is internal wiring) 3. there is already an appointment booked... 

Maybe one of the stories is true but I don't understand why there are so many versions when I spoken to different person, and they can't give me the details of the supposedly booked appointment (can't see that online either) or if anyone is coming to finish the supposedly "unfinished" work. If they need to tell a lie, at least be consistent lol.. well, the service is consistently poor that's for sure.. 

Just been on a hour long call with them - spoken to 4 different people, still nothing.. and while waiting for the last person to investigate, the call ended for no reason.

I am actually considering cancelling but good luck to you. Maybe you will have a better experience.. Do keep us updated though. 

Cheers

BQM
---------------------------
My Broadband Ping - jldiablo virgin bb
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A lot of the time it depends on what you say to them, if you mention internal wiring they can get confused and think you mean extensions etc,but if you say you have no socket for your hub they'll typically send out an engineer whether or not you actually have a cable to the outside of the house! Typically they want you off the phone as fast as possible to improve their KPI.

0 Kudos
jldiablo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input. All make sense, maybe that's the reason, but as a customer my expectation is that customer service should be trained to understand customers language not the other way around, asking customer to speak their terminology. And they should be aimed to resolve issues quickly not how quickly to end a call without any resolution.. my problem is simple, book me in to get me connected, and they hasn't delivered.. god knows when dealing with more complicated issues, how can they cope.. many bad reviews online so I am not the only one. 

BQM
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's much easier to do when you have UK call centers, but as I'm sure you are aware, it's more difficult when your customer services departments are not in the same country as you and struggle to understand you at the best of times!

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello jldiablo

Sorry that this has become an ordeal trying to get this sorted 

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you don't require any assistance

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
jldiablo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, 

Thanks for reaching out. After several additional calls I got lucky and got someone to book me in finally. However the engineer wasn't aware that I had ordered TV service so he only had time to get me connected to internet and booked an additional appointment (not time to run cable to the TV room), only today I am fully connected after the visit by another engineer... What a stressful journey to get the service installed..

I have to say that all the engineers were very friendly and professional. The only let down was the customer service. Unfortunately you have to get through them to get to the knowledgeable engineers, and it was not that straightforward. Oh well, I am up and running now, I hope the service would hold up. 

Not sure if the op still need help, sorry for hijacking the thread.. Good luck to your install. 

cheers 

BQM
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jldiablo,

Thank you for letting us know how it went. 

We're glad to hear how the visits went with the engineers. 

Please do reach out if you require any assistance in the future. 

^Martin

0 Kudos