cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking Engineer

Smith084
Joining in

I've just received my new quickstart kit and found that the socket I need to plug it into has been removed by the previous owner.

After trying to use the contact us app and contact us services it seems I still cannot find how to book an engineer and the customer services phone call was less then helpful I am still at a loss.

Thanks for any help 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Smith084 wrote:

I still cannot find how to book an engineer and the customer services phone call was less then helpful I am still at a loss.

In what way? How were CS less then helpful?

When you explained your situation, they should have arranged an engineer installation for you - and I'm fairly sure that should be FOC. What did they say/do instead?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

First time round after a explaining what I was after they passed me to billing then virgin mobile and I was on hold for 45 minutes while they tried to figure out what to do.

Today when I tried they were asking me about security questions etc that I don't know because it's a brand new account and I have not had a direct debit bill yet so can't provide the how much was your last bill or direct debit date. And because of that they would not help me? 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smith084, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm more than happy to take a look at this for you, but I'll need to discuss this with you via PM just to confirm some further details.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom 

It's sorted now managed to get one booked.

Spoke to the team on Friday and after I explained what was going on engineer was booked right away 

No idea why it was so hard last time but it's all sorted and took about 2 minutes on the phone Friday.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smith084,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue! I'm glad that you've been able to have an engineer booked in! 

I do apologise that you had some trouble with our team, it is very odd that they were unable to book a technician for you right away!

Glad that you were able to have your issue resolved! Please get back in touch with us and let us know if you need any further help. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs