cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book engineer

andywhitt2
Joining in

I need to book an appointment for an engineer to come and move my phone line to the new fibre line as my router is nowhere near the phone point and my house alarm is connected to my phone line 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

While you're waiting for that, contact the alarm company and ask if there will be any problem with moving the connection to a Virginmedia VOIP phone line. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andywhitt2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we will be more than happy to arrange for a technician for your Landline Switchover due to your Alarm being plugged into your Phone Socket.

So I can help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andywhitt2,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised I have now arranged a Technician for your Landline Switchover. to view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.