cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book engineer

xRedVixen96x
Joining in

Is there any way to book an engineer without having to phone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @xRedVixen96x.

Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear your install hasn't been successful today. You will need an engineer to come and install an isolator plate for your equipment. Please look out for my PM and we'll get that booked for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please let us know what is you problem? We can the best advise the course of action.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I don't have a wall socket anywhere for my broadband

wait here and VM should sort something

in the mean time

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Yeah I don't have a box outside mine and all cables that run inside to outside are going up the walls outside to the aerial. I have a NTL and BT socket but both are too small for the cable 🤷‍♀️

an NTL socket sounds useful can you post a photo

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Screenshot_20220122-103939.jpg

unfortunately I wasn't able to upload as the file was too big so I've had to use a Google image 🤷‍♀️ but this is what I have

reduce the image size - that is a phone socket - you mention an NTL box or socket - what is that

Tony.
Sacked VIP

IMG_20220122_105115_620~2.jpg

 okay was able to attach photo.. this is the NTL box, it's the same as my bt one where I had my broadband connected to but had an adaptor which my cable went into. Where as VM cable is slightly bigger and doesn't fit.

ok - so thats also a phone box and not what you want need - maybe the cable for BB has been removed - worth following the wires from that box outside - it should go to an external box see if there is a thicker coax cable - if there is follow that if it goes inside

if all that is fruitless then you need a tech - try this

pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Tony.
Sacked VIP