cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Engineer

zanibb729
Joining in

Hi 

I initially ordered broadband through quickstart around 3 weeks ago and I've been busy and after trying to install it I've realised I don't have a virgin wall socket just a standard phone one NTE 5 I think so will require an engineer so can I have some help in terms of booking one 

Thanks

Zanib

3 REPLIES 3

Newnew86
Just joined

I am due to have my self install hub delivered on Saturday but I also don't have a Virgin Media socket so would need one installed... I don't know why you're not given the option when you order. It assumes if the house has had VM services historically then the termination point will still be there...

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The quick start is offered if VM records show a recent past connection at the property.

Sometimes the connection may not be via a wall box. Sometimes just a trailing coaxial lead is where the hub connects to. Unfortunately, previous occupiers often cut these and remove them as well as the boxes if they don't actually use VM.

If you have your own VM connection to the property, the usual advice is to find the 'omnibox' outside where the VM cable comes in from the street (usually grey or brown plastic wall box which may be badged with VM or one of the previous cable TV company names) then see if you can trace the coax cable from there into the property (may well be hidden behind or inside fittings, furniture etc.).

If there really is no cable coming in, then you need a technician installation.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zanibb729,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to both our community and Virgin Media, we are sorry to hear you do not have a connection point in your property, I was able to find you with the details we have for you, I will be more than happy to arrange a technician to come and install this for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.