cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Paved Driveway Install Query

simonpayne
On our wavelength

Hi. We have virgin cable in the footpath and my neighbour has it to their house.

On the photo below we are the middle house of 3 that share a block paved driveway, but we have no soft strip on either side of  the boundary until you get to the hedge shown next to the red car on the drive.

So to run the cable from the footpath there is a 5-6m section of block paving that needs lifting to lay the cable.  Im almost certain the cable installers wont do this - so would I somehow need to co-ordinate the lifting of the blocks with an installation date, or will the pre installation survey just assume that this is too much hassle and that it cant be installed?

My other option is my rear garden backs onto a single track tarmac road where cable is also available but in the footpath 3m away, so could it be routed from there via my rear garden where it could run along the edge of the lawn?

Or am I just "stuffed" and will have to wait for fibre by pole..?

If it is possible what is my next step - place an order?

Thanks in advance

simonpayne_0-1633518020496.png

3 REPLIES 3

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Let me take a look for you

I'll pop over a private message so we can take some details, and then we'll go from there. We may need to arrange a site survey but will check it first.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy - thank you for the rapid response!!

Will await your message.

Simon

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Christy who I have been chatting with about our driveway issue, and is putting us in touch with their survey team.

We will see what the decision is once they've visited and I will update this post

Simon