cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base light flashing green

Joannaconway
Joining in

Hi

We received our nee modem today and the WiFi light is on but the base light is flashing green. We have no internet, we checked all cable and cannot get through to customer care. Without WiFi a week now. Does anyone know how we can solve this? 

thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Flashing green light often means that the new Hub is not "activated" onto your account. Is it a new "quickstart" connection - or just a Hub swap?

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

If they insist it is activated then there may well be a fault on the network connection. VM never check the connection quality - they assume all is fine as they know there was an active connection at the address before.

You will need to call the fault line in that case. A VM person will help here but they can take a couple of days to get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Joannaconway
Joining in

It’s a hub swap. I was trying to get through all day today. I will try again tomorrow. Thank you for your reply 🙏

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its not "broken" put the old Hub back on.

If it works it... then it is still the Hub activated onto your account and the new one isn't activated - as you can only have one Hub per account.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Joannaconway.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for you first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having hub issues since your hub swap. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to do our best to help. I have been unable to access your account via forum details. Is the issue ongoing today? Have you been able to reach regarding this since posting? If so what was discussed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs