cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR5 internet problems?

bob8
Up to speed

Anyone else experiencing problems with VM cable broadband since 5.20pm today in or around postcode BR5 Orpington?

We did log into VM website and it did report a problem, but then later reported no problem.

We have VM hub 3 in modem mode.

We can ping websites, but other protocols don't seem to work. eg. web browser, Whatsapp.

When we reboot the VM hub 3, it takes an eternity for the base light to change from solid green to solid purple, to suggest there is an external fault.

We swapped out the router and rebooted the VM Hub, with same results.

Normal service did resume at 7.30pm but I think it stopped working (only ping works) some time later.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Check status web page reports no problem for our postcode, and I presume the Service status number only works if you have a Virgin landline?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure about that - I have a VM line. Just try it - the 0800 number is freephone - I assume there would be some mechanism for inputting your account number, postcode etc....

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

bob8
Up to speed

No internet all evening.  Can ping websites etc, but can't access them.  Tried rebooting VM hub 3, took far more than 2 minutes for base light to turn purple and made no difference.  

Just woke up and quickly checked internet access moments ago at 4am and it is working.

Looks like VM engineers flipped a switch at midnight to fix the packet loss on the network.

0ploss.jpg

(modem was rebooted at 5.30pm but could not get a purple light on modem until 7.30pm. Logged into modem at 192.168.100.1 to check modem stats. No obvious issues.)

Checking previous days, packet loss first appeared as far as back as the 17th November.

Hey Bob,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, can I ask are you in Ireland or the UK, the reason I ask is AI am not aware of a purple light on any of our Routers?

Regards

Paul.