cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful messy installation

scross82
Joining in

Will Virgin come back to my property to sort out the mess they left when installing my VM router and TV box? My lodger let the engineer in (I wish I'd been there) and there are cables everywhere! It's been poorly planned out and my lounge now looks like a server room!

I'd changed over from Sky and then set up included simply 2 cables and was nice and neat!

I do have a Hive Hub that needs connecting to a phone socket which may have confused things? Am I in my right to cancel the services if they don't come back and sort?

Thanks

Stephen

5 REPLIES 5

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
you do have a right to cancel saying not fit for it if you been there maybe you get a better install hive hubs run off Wireless that does not connect to phone socket

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @scross82,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that there was an issue with the installation.

I will send you a private message so I can help you further. 

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

it is depends some goes off Ethernet (connection with broadband router) you can do that your self just plug it from the last router to the other and use the hive app to sort it i don't think they will do that part if you own it

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scross82 wrote:

<snip>  I do have a Hive Hub that needs connecting to a phone socket which may have confused things? Am I in my right to cancel the services if they don't come back and sort?

You only have 14 days to cancel, so make sure VM do not drag this over the time limit, as you will then be tied in for 18 months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

you know Hive hubs via Ethernet (connection with broadband router) and its owned by britsh gas and it never use a phone socket i looked back on all models they use Ethernet