cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting spotter - neighbours have VM, new build

mcw257
Joining in

Hi there

I moved to a new build flat on 1 November and it's not currently showing up on the address checker. The block has 9 apartments, we are on the corner of 2 roads and the neighbours on both roads are able to get Virgin. 

I spoke to a member of the sales team last Monday who seemed confident we'd be able to get Virgin and passed it on to someone to look into it who would call us back within 72 hours telling us we could or explaining why we couldn't get Virgin services.

I have not heard anything back and called back yesterday and got someone far less helpful who said he'd call me back but hasn't. 

We've had issues with Openreach's connection and no one in the building has decent broadband. The developer of the property is onside with any solutions we are able to find so I don't imagine any kind of permissions/wayleave would be an issue.

Could you please help take a look into this? Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi mcw257,

Apologies for the time it has taken to come back to you. We were waiting on an answer from our new build team. 

We have received an email, and they have advised there is nothing showing for your exact address provided.

It does seem that we're unable to provide direct services to your address, however they are advising as the other address are showing as serviceable, they cannot see why we would not provide you a connection.

Due to this, we are going to have to email the area field manager to see if we can get your address added to our system.

Please be aware, this is not a guarantee, only a request.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi mcw257,

Just to give you a quick update with this matter. Unfortunately, this address is a non serviceable address. We have had a response off our new build team who have advised us we were working with the developer of this site back in 2020, but unfortunately, they decided to cancel.

Due to this, this building has no pre-wires or duct, and will serve as a non-serviceable address.

We are sorry this is not the outcome you wanted to hear, but at this time there is nothing more we can do.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Many thanks for the update. The developer has told me that they would be open to installing VM but that VM told them something wasn't possible in the install. Are you able to confirm if this was the case or if the developer pulled out when it could have been possible?

If it makes any difference there is ducting inside the building and risers with easy access to all of the apartments. There is still construction occurring in the communal areas so much of this is still open.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @mcw257, I have looked into this and our new services team have advised that this cannot be as there is no pre-wiring and ducting in your building for you to be able to get our services, so regrettably I have to advise that you cannot take up services with Virgin Media.

Regards,

Steven_L