cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Technician

Geoffrey_64
Tuning in

Hi, I booked a technician via my VM app for 8-12am today there is nothing in the orders/appointments section and they have not text. What can I do? Internet down for 48 hours. Possible cable damage by workmen. 

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Geoffrey_64 wrote:

Hi, I booked a technician via my VM app for 8-12am today there is nothing in the orders/appointments section and they have not text. What can I do? Internet down for 48 hours. Possible cable damage by workmen. 

Is the damaged cable affecting just you (i.e the individual cable to your home) or a shared cable affecting lots of people in the area?

For an area fault, VM regularly cancels individual technician bookings as a technician visit to individual customers will not be able to resolve an area wide problem.

For an area fault, what does the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 report?

Hi,

Thanx for replying. No just me. The tech has not turned up. The agent apologised but the next earliest slot is now Monday. Not happy at all. Self employed and use on line meetings so heavily out of pocket having to cancel work. Tethering is never a reliable or strong signal or  solution. Hopefully if it is a cable cut on edge of property the delay to repair it won’t take too long. 

@Geoffrey_64 wrote:

Hi,

Thanx for replying. No just me. The tech has not turned up. The agent apologised but the next earliest slot is now Monday. Not happy at all. Self employed and use on line meetings so heavily out of pocket having to cancel work. Tethering is never a reliable or strong signal or  solution. Hopefully if it is a cable cut on edge of property the delay to repair it won’t take too long. 

Review the compensation scheme below (and in particular all of the fine print) to see how/if it applies to your situation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

A missed visit which VM fails to notify you of with 24 hours notice is £26.24 (subject to the T&Cs)

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Geoffrey_64,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that an engineer appointment didn't go ahead, and you weren't contacted to advise as to why. I can see you've mentioned a new appointment has now been scheduled for Monday. Please let us know how that goes either way and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, The engineer/technician  put a temporary cable repair in after workers had carelessly cut through it when installing a rival fibre network. The cable pull team will arrive on 10th to fix the cable permanently. I’m connected at a lower speed but it’s acceptable until the perm fix.The engineer was excellent with a can do attitude. 

thanks Geoff

HI Geoffrey_64, thanks for the message, I am glad to hear that you have a temp connection. Please let us know how it goes on the 10th. 

Kind regards Chris.