cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic compensation or not?

Loveitblue
Joining in

Evening all. 
Finally getting broadband installed tomorrow, 16 days after ny original installation date!

Becasue the team sent to lay our cable had messed up our engineer was unable to do an install. 

Virgin have given me a £25 credit off next bill. Should i not be receiving £5 a day compensation. ? I have sent a queary/complaint but seem to have been ignored. 

Great start to our Virgin journey !

1 REPLY 1

Sololobo
Superstar

@Loveitblue wrote:

Evening all. 
Finally getting broadband installed tomorrow, 16 days after ny original installation date!

Becasue the team sent to lay our cable had messed up our engineer was unable to do an install. 

Virgin have given me a £25 credit off next bill. Should i not be receiving £5 a day compensation. ? I have sent a queary/complaint but seem to have been ignored. 

Great start to our Virgin journey !

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

See the section headed Installation date is delayed:

If we don’t install on any confirmed date we’ll automatically credit your bill with one payment (at £5 per day for how many days the issue lasted) once it’s fixed, providing you’re eligible.

However Virgin Media may consider any provided installation date to be a provisional one and not confirmed, allowing them to arbitrarily reduce any compensation offered when an installation date is not met.

You would have to produce some evidence to show any installation date given by VM was in fact a confirmed date to allow you to challenge any compensation offered.

On the plus side you have been offered some compensation, although it may not be what you expected nor deserve.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.