cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic cancellation of broadband

Nadeem903
Joining in

Hi all,

I recently signed up online for M100 fibre broadband. I was given the option of self install, which I obviously took because it was a time saver

After collection I attempted to install the broadband, I firstly didn't have the socket required installed at my house, after checking the outside of my house I also did not have the virgin omnibox. After many a call to Virgin and being sent across to multiple departments I have had enough 

I either don't have an account or there are multiple accounts at my address, I can't get a straight answer, this could easily be my fault and I'm happy to own up to my mistakes but the fact that I was told I'm eligible for self install caused all of the hassle

I haven't used any services

Will my broadband be cancelled after a certain period?

4 REPLIES 4

Nadeem903
Joining in

Adding onto this is the fact I haven't been given an account number seemingly

How am I to locate one in the package sent out to me

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Any communication (letter, bill, email) from VM to you personally, usually has your account number and Area number printed on it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are not committed to any contract until the service is connected and working, and even then you can cancel it without payment within 14 days.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nadeem903, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your installation, and this didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked - I can totally appreciate the inconvenience & frustration this will have caused so can understand why you would reconsider the install. 

We'd be happy to take a closer look into it, and see if we can shed any light on what work is required and how long this may take?

Unfortunately we can't help with cancellations here via the forum, if you no longer wish to go ahead I'd recommend calling 0800 052 1734 or sending a text to 0753 301 6422.

Tom