cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with new VM broadband installation

munrobasher
Up to speed

I'm trying to help my elderly neighbour who is having difficulty getting reconnected to Virgin Media at a new address. She's been a customer of VM for many years and we have the account number of the old account.

The engineering team turned up on Saturday to do some work on the cabling - maybe get ready to pull through the cable as there is a blue cord in the triangular box.

However, another engineer was supposed to come around later Saturday to complete the order. They didn't turn up. 

But we're REALLY struggling to speak to somebody about the installation. It's not helped by the fact that she's also with Virgin Media mobile which doesn't work at the new address (since you left EE earlier this year) so mobile isn't a way to chat.

All we have is the old account number and address of the new installation.

4 REPLIES 4

munrobasher
Up to speed
Also point out she is elderly and is currently without landline, internet OR mobile. The later we'll sort separately.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey munrobasher, thank you for reaching out today on behalf on your neighbour. I am so sorry they having  issues getting reconnected. 

I would like to look into this for you, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for a purple envelope. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

We've finally got a visit rescheduled for Thursday. I've also rigged up a temporary Wi-Fi hotspot for her, piggy backing off a neighbour's internet. Tried Wi-Fi calling until we get her moved off Virgin Mobile to EE.

So we hobbled along. Wait with interest for the visit tomorrow...

Hi munrobasher,

Hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend. Just checking in to see how your visit went on Thursday? 

We're here to help if you need anything 🙂

Beth