cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrange Engineer visit to relocate cable entry point

bigospedros
Joining in

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how to arrange an Engineer to visit my property to relocate the cable entry point into my lounge? We are re-designing the room, no other reason. I know I have to pay for a “non fault visit”, I just need to know how to book it please?

16 REPLIES 16

Johninboro
Dialled in

It won't get booked for some time as they are only attending installations and faults.

Everything else is on hold due to covid.

• Where QuickStart is unavailable, we’re still installing Virgin TV boxes for new customers, but for now we won’t install any extra TV boxes to minimise our technicians’ time in customers’ homes. Customers will receive a £10 monthly bill credit until we can safely complete their order. Similarly, our technicians won’t install or move extra phone outlets, extensions or WiFi Pods, and ask customers to contact us by phone or through our online Messenger to reschedule when restrictions ease. For Hub installs or upgrades, we offering our install-it-yourself QuickStart service at no extra charge, where available. Replacement Virgin TV remotes are being sent out by post.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.

Thanks ... I just need to know HOW to book such a visit, even if the timing of said visit won’t be scheduled until restrictions ease. I can’t see a way of contacting anyone to request this.  There are lots of other messages in here that ask the same! In those cases, a VM employee private messaged the person asking the question, so that’s what I am hoping for here ... thanks.

Calling customer service on 0345 454 1111.

The Giggitty 1

Hi bigospedros

I can look at booking this in for you 

It will be a £99 call out fee as you are aware 

The Team will put this on hold then get back in touch when restrictions lift 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I have just rang customer services to try and book an engineer to relocate a cable entry box from an outside wall that is being removed because of a new  extension, I know that they are not sending out engineers at the moment but just wanted to place my order so that it can be dealt with when the engineers are able to visit homes for non urgent work, CS will not take my order, can someone book this for me so that I know it will be on the waiting list to be done asap.

Thank you.

Hi Kathy6,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Sadly we're not booking future jobs for this. We would advise to come back once we are doing these jobs and we can get you booked in. 

^Martin

Thank you for your reply, any idea when future bookings will be taken, the wall that the equipment is

attached to will be demolished soon so concerned about getting it re-located

Hi @Kathy6,

I am really sorry about this, and I completely appreciate your stance.

As my colleague has advised, unfortunately for the time being we're not carrying out any works like this for the foreseeable to keep everyone as safe as we can. For the time being we don't have any dates for when these will commence again, but will as it's appropriate to do so and is in line with government guidelines.

You can read more about this here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Kathy6 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, any idea when future bookings will be taken, the wall that the equipment is

attached to will be demolished soon so concerned about getting it re-located

Seems like cancelling your service and going elsewhere would be better, re-routing cabling yourself can be easy enough specially for someone with a bit of electrical experience but this is against terms of service.

The Giggitty 1