Menu
ffs666
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 connection keeps dropping AGAIN

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I had an issue with the connection dropping and it happens again. I cannot do any work remotely with the broadband like this.

Would anyone from the forum team be able to check this for me, please? Last time the signal was too low due to some network upgrade going on and required an engineer to tweak it in the cabinet. Turned out to be a simple task but it was very hard to get hold of support in the first place.

Account number [removed]
Area reference 31

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 11.57.33.jpeg

The time in the picture says 10:43. It's 12:15 now and still ongoing so clearly not just a blip.

Also just as the last time Service Status check claims everything is fine...

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area 31 connection keeps dropping AGAIN

If that message is appearing then its a known network fault affecting multiple customers and they are working on fixing it.

For best info, try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
ffs666
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 connection keeps dropping AGAIN

I tried this number and the voice said that this info can also be accessed from the My Virgin Media app, which I'm guessing is the same info that the Service Status web page gives? Which page always says everything is fine even if it isn't. I suppose it makes sense for this number to exist otherwise how can one check the status of the service when you have an issue with the broadband.

Anyway, I'll keep this super secret number handy.

Meanwhile I called the slightly less secret customer services number and was told to hard reset my router because of some not up to scratch performance diagnostics coming out of it. This seems to have helped, or maybe it coincided with some wider issue having been resolved, who knows.

Whatever, as long as it works I'm happy. I hope that it lasts. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos