Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are pre-installation engineers / engineers still working with Corona Virus restrictions on movement ?

I have an engineer booked for broadband, tv install at a house i'm moving to in April, the postcode was verified as OK for the service but there might be some pre-install tasks required as the property has not had VM cable before. I was told by the home moving dept that this would be checked a few days before the engineer visit. Are these things still going ahead ?  I have to work from home at the moment and I'm a key worker, so I need to get a good idea if VM install will still go ahead. I've tried ringing VM and selecting different options but can't get through to speak to anyone. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are pre-installation engineers / engineers still working with Corona Virus restrictions on movement ?

Hi,

Engineers are still installing in the field currently, so unless government regulations change prior to your date that may affect it I can see no reason why your install wont go ahead as planned. Obviously this does not mean things may change closer to the time as we are working in an ever changing situation.

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are pre-installation engineers / engineers still working with Corona Virus restrictions on movement ?

Hi Bunnypaws666

I will attempt to find some details about this but can you PM me as I will require some more info

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We do check external wires before installation however if you booked a self installation and you have no internal virgin points a engineer will be needed 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jake.

I'm worried that I won't be contacted by VM if anything does change which would affect the pre-install or install. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there - not sure if this is how to PM you ? Is this correct ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To send a PM hover over the users profile picture and select send message

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

0 Kudos