Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Apps

Anyone else having difficulty in watching programs on the Apps (ITV Hub, BBC, My5) it starts with the adverts but when the show starts the screen goes black. Although the Apps work via my smart TV. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps

What TV do you have. Make and model specifically. Which HDMI socket is it connected to

What you're seeing tends to be a HDCP 2.2 issue with the V6 and 4K kit
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how the TV can be the problem. I have a Samsung Smart 55inch curved TV. Virgin engineer set it up and connected to HDMI 1 socket. Although I have requested to Virgin to replace the HDMI and power cables as he used the Sky cables and they have requested them back.

I am trying to watch the Apps through the Virgin box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A recent V6 update now requires HDCP 2.2 for On Demand when the V6 is set to 2160. So this can change how the V6 now talks to the TV.

Some 4K kit only support HDCP 2.2 on specific HDMI inputs. Depending on the age of your Samsung TV this will be the input marked as MHL.

If you can post the exact model we can confirm that.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds all too technical to me. My TV is Samsung Smart TV 55in 4k curved screen. Model number UE55HU7200U

Can you help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@paulallen18 wrote:

Sounds all too technical to me. My TV is Samsung Smart TV 55in 4k curved screen. Model number UE55HU7200U

Can you help? 

Try HDMI Port 3

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/please-help-unable-to-enable-hdmi-uhd-colour/td-p/755602 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I will have a go tomorrow. It sounds like the engineer who set it up only 9 days ago should have seen to it.

Surely Virgin should be responsible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@paulallen18 wrote:

I will have a go tomorrow. It sounds like the engineer who set it up only 9 days ago should have seen to it.

Surely Virgin should be responsible?

They are responsible for installing the VM equipment not third party equipment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What third party equipment? It's virgin's equipment. They've sold me catch up, on demand and given me the Apps that don't work. Virgin has updated their equipment apparently so it's caused things to stop. You think it's my fault? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@paulallen18 wrote:

What third party equipment? It's virgin's equipment. They've sold me catch up, on demand and given me the Apps that don't work. Virgin has updated their equipment apparently so it's caused things to stop. You think it's my fault? 

I think Mike was referring to the TV. The engineer wouldn't have knowledge of all possible TVs a customer may have.

Having said that they could have checked if everything was working before leaving.

0 Kudos