cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment ‘no shows’

Magichael
Joining in

My appointment was today for a cable installation and then an equipment installation.

Equipment installation turned up BEFORE the cable installation. So couldn’t do anything.

Cable installation never showed.

Will this be rescheduled to tomorrow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But that new date will again be an estimate - don't rely on it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dont think it will happen tomorrow - afaik they dont work saturdays - you should get a text with a new date [again afaik]

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But that new date will again be an estimate - don't rely on it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Magichael,

VM will contact you with a new (estimated) date/time, alas it's just a case of waiting for them to do so.

It amazes me the number of times members have posted that scheduled appointments have been missed by VM's engineers or service personnel. Makes you wonder how many others are missed no one hears of !

We all know we've been in some extremely difficult times of late, but given VM, like all other service providers, want to get (and presumably KEEP) or custom, you'd think they would make more effort from day one.

A neighbour of mine was intending on getting a Virgin Media package, but after four no-shows, four no explanations for their not turning up, and four lost workdays, she went with Sky ... Not that VM will mourn their loss of a customer I suppose. 

It's a case of being patient, 😒

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve1701 wrote:

We all know we've been in some extremely difficult times of late, but given VM, like all other service providers, want to get (and presumably KEEP) or custom, you'd think they would make more effort from day one.

A neighbour of mine was intending on getting a Virgin Media package, but after four no-shows, four no explanations for their not turning up, and four lost workdays, she went with Sky ... Not that VM will mourn their loss of a customer I suppose. 

It's a case of being patient, 😒

There's patience and then something else.  You won't be installed for weeks and weeks.  I think as other ISPs have expanded VM have lost their work force.

They work Saturday and Sunday… please think carefully before replying publicly. 

Hi Magichael

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the missed visit. I've checked the system and can see you've spoke to the team since posting and had it confirmed it's due to construction which is due to be done this week. The install and the construction visit can be both tracked in your online account

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi  i am more than irate and upset! I was meant to have an engineer today between 1-6pm to bring and install my broadband, as we do not have a phone or cable box on the wall. I phoned to complain, and was told that there was no order on my account.....grrrr....my account actually says what i 'should be having for my broadband, and that it would be activated today! Well....with NO equipment, how the heck can i activate, or use it, and be charged for it! I have an email from the 14th January proving that there should be a person installing it today!!  In fact i am that p'd off i want to cancel altogether now. 

HI LPB1970, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that no one has been out to get things installed for you yet. 

Since posting, I can see you've spoken to the team and they have arranged an appointment for you. If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs