cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and Website show different orders

adavid27
Joining in

Signed up for VM on 3rd May.

On the VM app on my phone, under 'Orders & Appointments', I can see 'Engineer installation' scheduled for 18th May;

On the website under 'My Orders and Appointments', I can see 'Services ordered - Broadband' and the date/time show as today's date and '8am-6pm' - it showed the same yesterday, but with yesterday's date.

Why the the 2 show different orders (both have a different order number)? And why is the date moving for the one on the website? (I assume this one is for the external preparations)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The reason for the moving date on the external work is that it is only an estimate. No one, even at Virginmedia, knows what the actual date will be until a subcontractor has actually turned up to do the work.  Consequently the date for the Internal installation and connection will also be delayed in step.

If you are lucky this could actually be done soon. If not you could be waiting for months. In the meantime, have a read of some of the installation stories on this page and older ones. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The reason for the moving date on the external work is that it is only an estimate. No one, even at Virginmedia, knows what the actual date will be until a subcontractor has actually turned up to do the work.  Consequently the date for the Internal installation and connection will also be delayed in step.

If you are lucky this could actually be done soon. If not you could be waiting for months. In the meantime, have a read of some of the installation stories on this page and older ones. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks - yeah, I have just been reading some of the posts... what have I let myself in for!!!

Quick follow-on question - assuming the pre-install visit happens, will I be notified in any way, or will the order just disappear? (At the moment I am still in the installation date showing as today's date - go-live is still a week away so there's time yet...))

Hi adavid27,

Thanks for posting 🙂

The visit would just disappear.

Alex_Rm

Thanks.

Just looked again and I can see another appointment but now on the same date as the full installation (that appointment is for between 1pm and 6pm and shows icons for TV, computer and phone)

Screenshot_20220512-102106_Chrome.jpg

Hi there @adavid27

Thank you so much for your update, I'd be more than happy to double check this appointment v=with you via a PM just to make sure all is OK. 

I will pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you 

Workmen just pulled up outside the house... wandered up and down the road taking photos, including one of the front of our house; made a few phone calls... ... ... then drove off.

I guess we won't be getting installed today then!

And my guess was wrong!! They are back and doing the cabling as I type!!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adavid27

Thanks for the update. Please do keep us informed on how everything goes with your installation today 🙂 and if you have any further questions let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena