cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know What This?

Unknown67
Up to speed

Well, we've had no broadband and unwatchable TV since about 3am yesterday (17/8). Spoke to CS and about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Anyway engineer booked for tomorrow afternoon thru website and fault checking. I digress. This is attached to a box by a black cable and a white cable goes to the V6 in the living room. It was installed when we first got VM about 6 years ago. The green light used to be on constant. Since the services have gone down, it's started flashing. 

20210818_100259.jpg

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode
18 REPLIES 18

Almost looks like the powered splitter may be in the omni box outside - there are a lot of cables coming from that.

Are there multiple flats in the building? Do any of your neighbours in your building have VM and are also having problems?

Does your internal wall socket that has the black cable going into the side of it align with the omni box on the external wall?

Yes, taxi firm have VM business. It’s working fine. Omnibox lines up with the box inside at front of room. Hub has it’s own separate box that’s in the photo above.

Came in from work, disconnected cable from box with the V6 connected to it no difference, light still flashing. Modem looked it had established a connection (dim white light), Deco white lights. Went onto the PC connected via Ethernet, router and connection died straight away..

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ring it in as a fault and they should book a tech or wait here for VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Engineer has been, it was the powered splitter (in the first pic) that was faulty. Excellent job done. Everything working again. 

I know what that is, it's Brush Type 4.  Shouldn't your handle be Unknown47 ?

It's very well known 47 Andrew, 47 593 Galloway Princess..

Has someone dropped their bobble hat! 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I'll get my anorak on the way out!

Hi @Unknown67,

Thanks for the update, we're glad to hear the engineer got this sorted for you 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs