cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know What This?

Unknown67
Up to speed

Well, we've had no broadband and unwatchable TV since about 3am yesterday (17/8). Spoke to CS and about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Anyway engineer booked for tomorrow afternoon thru website and fault checking. I digress. This is attached to a box by a black cable and a white cable goes to the V6 in the living room. It was installed when we first got VM about 6 years ago. The green light used to be on constant. Since the services have gone down, it's started flashing. 

20210818_100259.jpg

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Has someone dropped their bobble hat! 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

lotharmat
Community elder
Waiting or the image to be approved.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

its a power supply - not 100% sure what for - a powered splitter is one option - there may be others - i dont think that will be the problem - sounds like an outage 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The other option is you have a fibre connection to your house and this powers the box that converts it into a cox connection for your hub and TV. Where does the cable go?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The black cable comes out of the box. The white coax goes to the V6.

20210818_110848.jpg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could be for either a powered booster of fibre to the home installation. Could you take a picture of the omnibox on the outside of your property, this will positively confirm what it is for.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

• Photos, omnibox, cables into flat for box with inside box for router with red lights on Hub and Deco.. 20210818_185221.jpg

20210818_185240.jpg

20210818_185318.jpg

20210818_185506.jpg

20210818_185530.jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats a standard coax install NOT FTTP a red light on the hub 4 indicates no service - where does the hub connect to - i would have expected it to connect into the powered splitter - you could try connecting it directly into the wall box if it works that then tells you the splitter or its power supply is faulty and gets you BB

if it still does not work then theres an external fault 

but regardless you need  tech to sort things out unless there is a known area problem

Tony.
Sacked VIP

If the green light on the PSU is flashing, it usually indicates a short somewhere between the white plug ad the powered splitter, may be worth checking for any damaged cable or staples/carpet strip that may have gone through thee cable

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

I will disconnect the white coax when I finish work and see if the broadband comes back on. That cable only goes to the V6 in the room.