cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas what caused this sudden drop yesterday ?

jka94036
Superfast

Had another sudden drop out of broadband yesterday, offshore guy didnt have much idea why this happens apart from running through his scripts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/42c9362233be05742b30bbe4638d788c69d121ea-19-03-2021

Thanks

147 REPLIES 147

Hi @ 

Thank you very much. Any idea's on how long that will take as i've had to deal with this issue for almost 4 months now.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon as i'm on the brink of getting something else installed. 

------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Modem Mode

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kirston26

I don't have a specific timeframe but if I had to guess it'd be within the next 24hours when the AFM comes across the email and has a chance to reply with an update. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

update on my issue:

Tech came today and tested the incoming signals at the hub and at the omnibox, also contacted the networks guys, nothing abnormal detected. He said the hub ‘seemed’ fine (didn’t check it ) but to contact VM again as soon as the dropouts occur. In my mind the hub is the problem , although connections have been ok to date since Fridays dropout .

So will be in contact at the next occurrence 

thanks

John

Hi @jka94036 

Hopefully your issue has been resolved. I had the hub changed, checked cables and all was "Working fine" The intermittent connection is still in play, just not as bad as previous weeks. Still causing issues and probably won't be resolved any time soon. My main tell sign that i still have the problem is when upstream is being hit hard (Broadcasting to twitch) and doing an upstream speed test drops frames which this should not happen. 

Hope everything goes well with your connection, but i don't think the router is the cause of the fault as i've had mine changed and it still happens. I believe it's VM's Cabinet that is at fault.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kirston26

Just waiting on the Area Field Managers response still, I will be back in touch as soon as possible with this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi @ 

Thank you for the update. I really appreciate that.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome, how is your service today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi @ 

Still dropping out, albeit not as often but still noticeable. When i try and broadcast to Twitch or Youtube and someone else starts uploading it will drop frames and kill the stream. Has there been any response from the AFM? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see @Kirston26 - no response as of yet, still awaiting an update to provide yourself with.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi @Travis_M 

Here's a couple of BQM's from the past couple of days.. Shows the issue is still persistent. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/06ec5209ab3709710a6d2dda6138ba4033...
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/68b72e58b23585eed387e31a10cd754ddf4bef3a-18-04-2021