cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas what caused this sudden drop yesterday ?

jka94036
Superfast

Had another sudden drop out of broadband yesterday, offshore guy didnt have much idea why this happens apart from running through his scripts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/42c9362233be05742b30bbe4638d788c69d121ea-19-03-2021

Thanks

147 REPLIES 147

Z92
Trouble shooter

Could have been something as simple as an engineer playing in the cabinet fault finding another customers connection or setting up a new connection, or maybe the feed to your local cabinet. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jka94036,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to see that you experienced a drop in your connection on Friday. I've had a quick look at things from here and it does appear that there are some prolonged signal level issues which will require an engineer's visit to resolve.

I've gone ahead and booked in an appointment for you - please log into your My Virgin Media account or app to view your appointment time slot.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further help.

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth

No worries! 🙂

Beth

Beth

Ok, Tech came and fiddled in the cabinet with power levels but says there could be a fault in my local cabinet and has escalated to the network’s team.

How do we track this from now ?

thanks

Hello jka94036

Sorry this has happened but thanks for the update

I can see this has indeed been staged to our Networks Team to be monitored 

It's not possible to check or updates from your side sorry 

However our Networks Team should get in touch once this has been resolved 

You can also pop back on here if you need an update 

Gareth_L

Hi

Had another loss of broadband at about 00:45 today. Green flashing light on hub. Came back as suddenly as it went about 20 mins later.

Was this anything to do with the work being done by networks or does it mean my issue hasn’t gone away ?

thanks

John

Hi @jka94036

I'm so sorry to hear you had a loss of connection!

I've had a look on your account and I can't see any outage or issues with your Hub that could be causing an issue. 

Now the Hub is back online is it performing as normal or are you noticing any issues at all?