cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another rolling install that never happens

Jcsdale
Joining in

I’m a brand new customer to Virgin Media and this week has being a nightmare with their customer service and installation team. My full install was scheduled for 8th October. It was rescheduled then for later in this month, presumably because they couldn’t get the external work done in time. Every day this week I’ve been promised external engineers and to wait in for them to check they arrive and when they do to phone the installation team to confirm it to them. 

Four days in a row and the appointment has been scheduled again for today. I very much doubt they will turn up. Being asked to wait in for external engineers for four days has been extremely frustrating and obviously I can’t take much more time off work. They have “gifted” me back the £35 installation fee which I find pretty poor as compensation. 

Anyone any idea how to get this process resolved or at least moving in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jcsdale

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The 'right direction' would probably be towards Openreach if you need a connection soon.

The total lack of communication within Virgin and with its contractors is clearly shown up, when they ask you to tell them when something has been done!

You should not really need to be there when the outside work is done, unless you have particular requirements about where you want the cable to be run.

Don't take any promises as to installation dates to be accurate.  They are just estimates to keep you hanging on.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sprigge
Tuning in

Here's what I've learned (the hard way) over the past 6 weeks:

• You'll probably be able to see two dates in your VM account. The first date is the pre-install date. Once that's missed, it automatically rolls on by 1 day. It is a meaningless date... The second date is the provisional date for the installation. Be aware that it means nothing until the pre-install has been done. If the date is missed, 14 days will automatically be added to the date. Every time my installation date is missed I get notified at 10 pm the night before and then 14 days are added. 
  • Don't waste your time using the chat function on the VM website. You'll probably spend over an hour getting scripted responses no real answers. It's better to give them a call. I have spent hours on the phone to them and eventually got given a direct line to the installation team: 0800 052 1734
  • If you're not fussed about the fast internet connection then save yourself some pain and go with Sky.

More about my pain here. You will find many similar stories on these forums.

asim18
Fibre optic

@Jcsdale wrote:

and to wait in for them to check they arrive and when they do to phone the installation team to confirm it to them. 

They asked you to babysit their installation team???

You should have told them to hire their own minders.

Engineer: Ok I'm going home.
Minder: No. You're not going home yet kiddo, you're staying right here until you finish your work.
Engineer: Waaaaaaa Waaaaaa waaaaaa I want to go home to my mummy Waaaaaaaaaaa.

A team of minders is exactly what VM needs...

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jcsdale, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the delay in your installation.  I would like to take a closer look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jcsdale

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R