cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber base light when setting up Hub 3

EzBean
Joining in

Hiya,

Just setting up my Hub today and I am having some issues. The instructions say that when the base light is solid white and the WiFi light is green everything should be good to go and set up. However, although the WiFi, internet and phone lights have all been green, the base light remains amber, and then the other lights turn off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your connection working okay? 

Thanks for your reply. We seem to have some internet now. I am just worrying whether there is a fault with the box.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are many reports of the LED being various non white shades, some say amber some say orange. If it’s magenta then the hub is in modem mode, if it’s red the hub is overheating and usually needs replacing. If your service is not impacted there is no problem. It’s probably down to the cheap LEDs used in the pound shop hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @EzBean,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

How is your connection running at the moment, are you having any connectivity issues right now?

Is the light on your hub still showing as amber? Is the hub getting too hot?

Regards,

Steven_L