cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my neighbours have Virgin internet access, but can't get it

mattf87
Tuning in

I've just discovered that the streets around me all have Virgin Fibre access, but I do not.

Now, I'm in a flat, of which there are 6, and none of us can get Virgin. But, we own the freehold, so I don't see why we were never contacted regarding connection, because we would have said yes.

My building joins the property next door, which has access. 

How can I start the ball rolling to get connected?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @mattf87 

Thanks for your post

Let me check this for you, i'll pop over a private message so I can take some details

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattf87 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for showing an interest in our services. When you say "there are 6"  do you mean 6 flats in a block that cannot get our services?  Or do you mean 6 occupants?  Also have you previously filled in this form?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Yes, sorry, 6 flats. I suspect that Virgin asked for permission to lay cable but it didn't get through to the right people, as we all share the freehold.

I tried your link and it just takes me back to asking me to submit my postcode. I do that and it shows me the list of addresses, for the 6 flats it always says "Coming Soon." For every other address, it says it is available. I suspect it has been saying "Coming Soon" ever since the cable was installed for the other houses, and the request for permission never made it to the freeholders - or me at least.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mattf87,

Thanks for confirming this. Would you be able to confirm if you are receiving help from @Christy_D regarding this issue?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi,

Christie had said I need to get confirmation from my neighbour’s in the flats that they will sign the wayleave. 

So, I’ll attempt to do that asap. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great Matt, please keep us updated, and do let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team