Menu
Peeche
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All connected up, green flashing power light

Hello,

Posted earlier but it's disappeared, honestly the websites are horrible to use.

I set up my hub a few hours ago, still got a green flashing light on the power, and green WiFi solid green. Plugged into the socket in the picture.

Previous tenants may have had a Sky set up as there's a satellite dish. I'm pretty annoyed since I initially asked for an engineer and they ended up cancelling that due to Covid.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Screenshot_20201213_175035.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: All connected up, green flashing power light

Did you call in to activate it or have they said it is?

In any case, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Will be closed now but call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Peeche
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201213_181838_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

 yup, done the activation. Also opened outside box to check wires and it looks like this.

Screenshot_20201213_182115.jpg

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was it a quick start pack by any chance?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Peeche
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sure? Like I said, was supposed to have engineer but they cancelled it because of Covid and just sent the hub out assuming it would work. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call in as I suggested to check activation.

There is another possibility. I assumed you answered "yes" when asked if anyone was shielding at your property? If so that would auto-cancel the tech install. Or, did they cancel it - which seems odd as their techs are mostly all still out and about.   In any case, Quickstarts are only ever sent to properties where their computer tells them that there has been a previous active connection sometime in the past - they never check to see if it is actually still "working". Sky techs are renowned (on here at least) for ripping VM cables out so they can use the "holes" to run their cables in instead or just cutting the VM cables. Lets hope that that hasn't happened here and that there isn't some other fault on the cabling.

Might be worth asking for a tech install if the "activation approach" fails again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Peeche
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will try calling them again today then, seems to cut off after an hours wait.

I was shielding, but no way for them to know that, it was just a phone call mentioning they could send the equipment early, and they won't send an engineer out.

Thanks for your help and fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos