cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa intermittent connection new Hub 4

smithgz
Joining in

hi,

Just recently switched over to the new gigabit service and got a new Hub 4. Everything going well except both my amazon echo's which keep dropping the conenction and when connected are very slow in responding. I have rebooting and reset the echo's multiple times, not blocked by the firewalls as they do work.Checked wifi signal using mobile phone and all very good and strong.

Lookign to see if anyone else has had probelms or any other potential fixes?

cheers

18 REPLIES 18

Hi there @garage_jim 

I am so sorry that we have been unable to advise regarding this but I am very glad to see you have managed to find a fix yourself and thank you so much for taking the time to update us and the other users.

I'm so sorry again that we couldn't assist. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Biffy-Bivington,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting your Alex devices to your new router. How many Alexa devices are impacted by this issue? Are any other non-Alexa devices affected at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the Hub 3, my echo dot has been fine for the past 12month, however it has now started disconnecting or slow responding etc, my router is already setup for 2.4ghz and 5.ghz with the wifi channel optimisation off, I have had this with other products in the past a wifi printer for example, does anyone know of any useful fixes, I can see from the user garage_jim has said to use channel 802.11a/b/g/n, I will have to login to the router settings again this weekend, but if it's already on this setup does anyone else have any other config which might work.  I have used the echo dot at another property with another virgin hub 3 with the same setup and it works fine, so I know the echo dot it 100% not faulty and I also have various other amazon products which work fine.

If all else fails would I be better requesting a new router from VM?

Regards

Post this up as a new thread so VM can keep track of things!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ksangha, 

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues with the Alexa device. 

It is a tricky one as only one device appears to be impacted but we will do all we can to support you with this. 

Just to clarify, where the Alexa device is situated, do you have any other devices connected via WiFi that you experience drops in service on?

Have you checked the signal quality within that area via the Connect app?

Thanks 

Nat

Hi, 

it's literally just this device, I am aware others have had similar issues, the device is next to the router, so signal issues should be no issue and as stated it has work for over 12months with no problems and I have taken the echo dot to another proper re-set it used it on another virgin media hub 3 with no issues all week so I know from there its a router issue and not the device.

I'm so sorry to see this @ksangha can I just ask if you were able to follow the steps submitted much earlier in this threat by @MikeRobbo?

Thank you.

Been trying numerous things, such as splitting the WiFi SSID name, connecting to 2.4G only, changing channel, disabled auto channel, placed Alexa next to router, none of which worked, but I may have solved the problem, as another forum poster mentioned deleting several radio skills from Alexa account, which I have done and both Alexa devices seem stable. Time will tell.

All other WiFi devices across the house work great with no problems.

Many thanks for the update Biffy-Bivington.

Glad to hear that you have managed to find a resolution to keep your Alexa stable, this is great advised for anyone on our community forum who may be experiencing the same issues.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi.