Menu
Highlighted
Baylis1
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Advice please

Hi

After approx 20 calls to customer services I’ve been going round and round in circles trying to resolve an issue. Getting contradictory information on each subsequent call and the support staff refusing to escalate to supervision or management. Way beyond frustrated and desperate. I would be hugely appreciative of any advice from forum members  as to whom I could contact whom would know what they are doing and resolve my issue as standard customer services seem to have tied themselves up in knots. Would have cancelled service long before now if we were able to receive an alternative provider, but we can’t, so need to find a resolution.

many thanks in anticipation 

anne

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Advice please

Hi try writing to FOA Virgin Media Complaints PO Box 333 Matrix Court Swansea SA7 9BB. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Baylis1
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is it not an issue that the users on here could help you resolve first? If so post up the details.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Baylis1
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Long and tedious story but will try, thank you.

Long term mobile phone, tv broadband and land line customer. my father was having problems with his set top box, menu selection was taking minutes between button and selection registering, previous Samsung set top model. It had become virtually impossible to use. Multiple attempt at tech support, no resolution. 

So called customer support, explaining how it was inoperable and asking them to provide an upgrade. Back and forth, but they refused, so cross at how badly a loyal and long term customer was treated I decided to leave and install sky services instead. 

When sky came to install, they couldn’t get line of sight with the satelite ( trees and hills), so had to go back to virgin and continue the service. At least 30 calls later  and 3 weeks later the phone line has still not been ported back from sky, no replacement set top box, engineers visits notified but no one comes. What is most worrying is that each time I speak to them I get a wholly contradictory story, even in the same 12 hour period, it seems they are wholly incompetent and have no idea what they are doing. Beyond wits end, if you do know someone  to contact whom really knows what they are doing whom can help it would be brilliant, thanks.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi my other thought having read your reply, is to phone and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the retentions who are in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As LittleMick says you will get most sense and help by calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - you usually get a UK call centre betwee 8am-8pm - then say you are fed up with the whole thing and will be leaving for Sky if it isnt sorted with a new V6 set top box. Its their job to keep customers so they will immediately default to offering a new upgraded package in lieu of starting a new contract. Make sure you/he are happy with what the price of the deal is - n.b they do like to "oversell"!

Also as it's you dad's contract they will only deal with him so you will need to be with him so he can confirm he is the account holder and let you negotiate with him.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Baylis1
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both.

I had gone to the leaving section (the offshore based section was total chaos) and was repeatedly assured by each consequetive agent that it was all resolved, only to find out it never was. These guys make “talk talk” seem like customer service geniuses. I’ll keep trying and if they don’t resolve I’ll have to put in a compliant to the regulator.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Baylis1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had so far trying to get this resolved for your father.

I would like to invite you to a private chat so I can have a look into this for your father.

I will send you a chat request shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Baylis1
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to close the loop I was contacted by customer service advisor on this forum and issue was resolved in seconds.
Thanks to all for help
0 Kudos