Menu
Kingy63
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Additional Boxes

Rang customer support regarding additional boxes upstairs but Would like a home visit first to explain and discuss installation as I don't want cables just clipped around Willy nilly and told this is not possible. Really, I'm paying £80.00 a month and told to pay another £20.00 so a man with cable can come and do the work, is this right?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional Boxes

Outside of having a fault any visit is chargeable.

If you wanted an electrician or plumber you would have to pay them for their time. Same goes for Virgin Media, Sky or any of the other telecoms providers

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I may be wrong in your case, but I think you will find that £20 only covers "activation" and does not include installation. I think an engineer install would be an extra £49 or so. Any other visit, except faults, would cost £99.
0 Kudos
Kingy63
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Surely part of customer service is to assist your customer with any queries they might have  and if that means a face to face meeting so be it

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nope, too expensive. Support is phone only if your are lucky enough to get a knowledgeable CS agent.

You place your order and when the tech turns jp they are supposed to install where you want. As with CS agents a lot depends on who turns up and whether they are running late. That said, I have always been fortunate enough to get someone helpful.

To be honest what you suggest would be pointless, unless the same person turned up to do the subsequent install as they would likely ignore what was agreed and you would be starting from scratch.

I had something like this when my external cable was damaged. A Virgin area engineer assessed the job and wrote a detailed report on exactly what he (not me) required to be done. On the day a Kelly's install team turned up and I had to quite forcefully "twist their arm" to get them to do ha!f of what had been specified and that was only possible because I had done some preparation work for them.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why not explain what boxes you want and where you want them, and someone on this forum may give advice on what is needed for installation.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
Kingy63
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I work for any electrical company I go to places to quote for people who require additional socket outlets etc and I explain how these would be done, i.e. routing of cables etc. If we get the work I would pass this info onto the electrician carrying out the works. I can't understand why virgin cannot do this. If it  meant lifting carpets and floor boards I would be happy to do so.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Kingy63wrote:

I work for any electrical company I go to places to quote for people who require additional socket outlets etc and I explain how these would be done, i.e. routing of cables etc. If we get the work I would pass this info onto the electrician carrying out the works. I can't understand why virgin cannot do this. If it  meant lifting carpets and floor boards I would be happy to do so.

You're a salesman, the people you are quoting for can go to another company, you set the price on the amount of work needed, Virgin are a closed shop, their prices are fixed they don't need a salesman 

0 Kudos
Kingy63
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

True that, talking to sky now they seem a bit more helpful and a better deal as a new customer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tudor
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but don’t forget With Sky you have to pay for fault callouts replacement equipment. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos