Menu
Jamiemilne
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Adding on Broadband & phone package

Hi there. So my parents asked me to look into packages for adding broadband and phone to their existing TV package with virgin. The website section for existing customer deals was broken so I just made up a package as a new customer. Full TV package with Sky cinema HD and Sky sports SD V6 BOX VIVID 350 package Talk anymore phone deal All of that came to £92 per month for 12months and £131 afterward saving them upwards of £40 per month from their existing plans across different companies. The guy on the phone said this was possible but that there would be a V6 box fee of £49.99 and installation activation fee of £99 just for the V6 box alone. So I messaged Virgin Twitter, they stated that there would be a £25 installation fee for Broadband and phone. Do new customers pay for this? Technically I am a new Virgin broadband and phone customer. They also gave me a link to the broadband section of the website. If I added broadband and phone line tonmy existing TV package I would be charged £168 per month which is almost £40 more than the deal for new customers for the exact same package on their website. Is this right? Why do loyal 6 year plus customers get shafted? Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding on Broadband & phone package

avoid the website thats all prepackage stuff - if you are an existing customer then

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

talk it through with them and work out what you want - they will try and find the best deal

Tony
Jamiemilne
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding on Broadband & phone package

thank you for replying 

0 Kudos