Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter for socket

Lewissalter1995
Tuning in

IMG_7645.jpeg

IMG_7646.jpeg

Can someone help please? We have just moved into a new flat and was told the previous tenants had virgin. We ordered the self start kit but it seems we have a different socket? I’ve looked everywhere and this seems to be the only internet point. The cable provided doesn’t fit, does anyone know if this is the correct socket and if so what adapter I need to buy?

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, we have just found this in the cupboard. Could this be connected up via a SLX Coaxial Connector such as this? https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-coaxial-connector/5028422001905_BQ.prd 

2aacfa2a-fdaf-447f-846b-a7c906061ba8.JPG

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Raichu
On our wavelength

That's a standard tv coaxial cable port. 

>1gig Broadband - £30pcm via retentions.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The socket in your 1st pic only connects to a rooftop TV antenna, not VMs network. If these are flats then they may be internally wired & use the SAT outputs on the media connection plate in the main living room. It is likely to need a technician callout, as wiring needs to be changed in the communal coms cupboard.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, we have just found this in the cupboard. Could this be connected up via a SLX Coaxial Connector such as this? https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-coaxial-connector/5028422001905_BQ.prd 

2aacfa2a-fdaf-447f-846b-a7c906061ba8.JPG

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lewissalter1995,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Just regarding the second image, does the cable that we provide fit into that socket at all?

Also are you able to locate where the external box we install enters the property?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

All good, I bought the adapter on the link in my above post and all is working well now thank you!

Cheers for your help