cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation new home

NicoleGilvary
Joining in

Hi I’ve moved home and I received my installation kit and set it all up, it’s still not activated after I done everything it has said & replied GO to an activation message, any help would be appreciated thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Steve1701
Rising star

Hey Nicole,

Once installed I think you have to activate the new box by contacting Virgin on 150 or 0345 454 1111, with your kit number (the number that came with your new box). You'll need your account number and area reference too.

They will activate from their end and you should then be able to complete the installation.

🙂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NicoleGilvary 

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up (option 3) for them to complete the setup and activation. Dial 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (standard call rates apply) or freephone 0800 052 0422

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali