Menu
Chrislks1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activation issues

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum and wondering if you could offer some assistance. 

I bought my first home on 18/07 so I'm a brand new customer to virgin. The previous owners did have virgin TV, phone and broadband.

We received our quickstart kit on 19/07 but could not get it to work. The router turns on, the signal light stays a solid green, the ds scanning (arrows) light flashes green and the base light is also green. After a short while the base light briefly turns white, the ds arrows turn red and then the whole process restarts and cycles. An engineer (sub-contractor) attended on 23/07 and he also could not get it to work, he confirmed that a signal is being received by the router, and checked the signal levels which he said were all correct. He switched the router, same issue. He checked the area to which there were no faults. He made numerous calls, still no avail, nobody seemed to have a clue.

He proceeded to raise a ticket with IT, and told us to wait 48 and we should be online?

48 hours later still no success. Another engineer came out today (25/07, actually a virgin employee), proceeded to do more checks, changed the router again just to be sure, still no success. He made a few phone calls, and then left after leaving the problem in the hands of his manager.

Background information, we found out that the previous owners account didn't actually close down until 24/07 so they thought that could have affected it. The engineer also told me that the name they have put on my account is not accurate. Also, when I call to set up the quickstart, I get an automated message stating that I can't use that number as its a business account (which it isn't) so a whole plethora of issues.

The engineers manager was supposed to contact us by 19:00 tonight after he had checked the account information but we've had nothing.

We just want our broadband 😂 

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation issues

i assume its activated - would not think all the techs and agents would miss that but who knows sometime we look beyond the simple

staff her might be able to help - lets ask

@ModTeam - can someone have a look at this please - all seems a little odd and there is the usual non return of calls as usual

Tony
Chrislks1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, they're saying it has been activated. Hopefully the mod team can help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chrislkls1,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear about this, it is not the start of a journey we like to hear one of our customers have been through. We would certainly like to have a further look into things for you. This will require a private message as we will need to confirm some account based details in order to have a look into things. We will follow up right away with the private message.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos