Menu
LizzyS
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activation fees

New customer as of Monday. Realised when kit arrived no tv box. Monthly cost £26. Had ticked wrong box on sign up didn’t notice. Phoned support straight away before connecting anything - first day of contract - must be able to fix error. Already charged £35 activation fee. Told to wait 3 days before anything could be done. Phone today - can ‘upgrade’ to include tv. Web advertising £33 month. Get offered £38 month for 110 channels. Ok. But then told will be another £35 activation plus £99.95 equipment activation???? Seriously?? What setup - I’d be taking tv box out of packaging myself and plugging it in. So that’s £170 activation fees -  at that rate should have stayed with old supplier. This is a joke right?  Is there any way to avoid this ridiculous treble charge? Also won’t say how long will take to get tv box until I agree. Is it days or weeks? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation fees

You will need to cancel then sign up again, they might offer you a deal after you ask that 

Highlighted
LizzyS
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I suggested that and was told would make no difference as everyone pays the £35 plus £99.  Also don’t want to have to send broadband kit back just to get new set. We are without tv but at least have access to internet channels. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They are bluffing, go ahead with it and they will put you through to the real cancellations team