Menu
Hascam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Activation fee with no new hardware?

Hi, it says in the offers and upgrades section that I can upgrade my broadband from 100 to 200 for a fairly low price. My question is, will I be charged an activation fee even though I'm using the latest Hub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activation fee with no new hardware?

Hi Hascam

Thanks for our post  about the upgrade Smiley Happy

An activation fee only applies to an upgrade if we have to send our new equipment to complete this and the upgrade is not being offered as a free upgrade by us.

If you're not changing equipment we will not need to send anything to you and therefore no activation fees would be levied.

I hope this helps  Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hascam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thank you.

0 Kudos
helenengland
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

However when I select upgrade from 50 to 100 (also bundles in TV) it states an activation fee of £25.  Will I / Should I be paying this ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If its adding new equipment e.g a TV "box" as part of the upgrade - then yes, if not - no.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos