cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating

Lifegoeson
Joining in

Received Virgin box today but need a new tv and was told I could activate without a TV. How do I do this? I also can’t log in to the TV Go app as it says ‘the service isn’t available at the moment’. I upgraded from just broadband to broadband and tv with my new contract starting today yet my account page is only showing broadband listed 

6 REPLIES 6

Posidon
Dialled in

Hi phone virgin the auto mated system knows you received your kit it will ask if you want to activate it just follow instructions

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lifegoeson 

Rather than calling the 0345 number and getting stuck in a  call queue, you should call the activation line. 

0800 953 9500  You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I didn't need enter serial numbers at all as soon as I entered my Ac no the system knew I had self install kit delivered  and asked if I want to activate it pressed 1 for Yes and it was done 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm pleased that worked for you @Posidon 😎

It does help to have the information to hand, especially as sometimes there's a mismatch with the serial numbers on the VM systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Lifegoeson,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble understanding how to activate the equipment, but I can see members of our community here have offered advice on how to do this. Let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!