cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate new hub in apartment

Jamest1994
Joining in

I’ve moved into a new apartment which includes a new virgin hub 3.0 but I’m struggling to get it activated and connected to the internet.

I’ve called the help centre and they don’t seem to understand the problem or know how to help, so does anyone know how I can register it and select an internet package? All I have is the CM Mac number on the underside of the hub.

Any help would be appreciated

12 REPLIES 12

Jamest1994
Joining in

If any use I was given a leaflet to text 80011 to say CONNECTME but only recieved an automated text message back and haven’t recieved a call

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We’re you sent this hub by Virgin, or was it left by a previous occupant?

If it was the latter it will have been deactivated & wiped off the system when their account was closed. As such the MAC address cannot be reactivated by CS staff. The hub has to be returned (which the previous occupant should have done) & a pre-activated one issued from Virgin stock as a self-install kit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you actually signed up for an account with Virginmedia? They will want to get that agreed before activating the service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jamest1994 

IWhy don't you speak directly to the Sales team on 0800 183 1234. They will be able to discuss packages with you and if needed send out new equipment. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It was included with the sale of the apartment, it’s a brand new flat so no previous tenants here and all the rooms come with a virgin hub installed. On the leaflet I was given with the flat it just says to use the CM Mac code to get it activated once contacted by virgin media but they don’t seem to understand when I explain it.

When I try to register for an account it asks for the account holders last name and account number but I don’t have these as the hub was already in the apartment and not purchased by me

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As advised above, you need to speak to the Sales team to negotiate the sort of service you want. You will then be given an account number 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@Jamest1994 wrote:

When I try to register for an account it asks for the account holders last name and account number but I don’t have these as the hub was already in the apartment and not purchased by me

Yes, something has become lost in translation here, the flat may well have been pre-wired for VM connectivity, there may even have been a hub installed (although that does beg the question as what happens to a new occupant who doesn't want VM, can they bin the hub?). VM won't supply any service unless someone is paying them, fair enough, so you need to take out a contract with them for whatever speed you want, and personally agree to pay them £x per month. And that's the only way you are going to get connected.

Yeah I tried speaking to them a couple of times of the weekend to explain that I have a hub I’d like to activate and pick a package but they didn’t seem to understand and all options involved them posting out a new one. So I’m not sure if activating this hub is going to be possible despite it being brand new with the flat. Can’t find any guidance on the virginmedia site and all packages involve receiving a new hub