cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account showing as closed

Deeplay
Dialled in

Hi I requested home move which was delayed due to outside work needed to be done so they rescheduled my internal install date from 28th Jan to 9th Feb. Work was completed outside my new property - 2 days ago. So okay wait until 9th Feb.

Today try to logon to my virgin media account to double check install date and i see no pending order. So I call Customer support who told me my instal date at my new property is booked for 9th Feb. Then I go back to login as I have current bill to pay for Dec / Jan *I pay by debit card each month.

Then I get this message "

" You've left Virgin Media You can still view your last bill or make a payment. If you pay by Direct Debit and have an outstanding balance, we'll take it from your bank account in the usual way."

So I have no clue whats going on ... cs saying install at new property booked 9th Feb - text message from virgin a few days ago saying install date at new property 9th Feb (changed from Jan 28th) but now my online account showing as closed!

Anyone know if this means they have messed up again or is it because my current / old account is linked to my old address and a new one will be set up for my new address after the 9th Feb ?

It also said my last bill was paid - which i have not paid as I cant access my account. Any help on this appreciated thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you move they close the account for the old address, and they will start a new one when the connection is installed at the new address. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi thats what i thought - but Im not fully trusting VM given how the install / house move has been delayed. So was worried they had just gone and cancelled the whole thing, I still owe the bill for Dec/ January which strangely shows as Paid - even though aint paid it. So I Assume that will be billed to me when my new install hopefully happens on the 9th ?

Could a moderator here please check if possible if my install date is actually still scheduled for the 9th by messaging me for my details to find my account ?

thank you

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No one can guarantee the installation date. They will only repeat that it's the scheduled date. If you read down this page you will see how often there are delays. 

If broadband is important to you, see if you can get a temporary service by 4g/5g.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Deeplay,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've facing some issues with accessing your online account during your home move. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and clear out any issues and answer your queries further. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a fee details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi Pauline I did just reply in PM thank you for looking into this for me

)

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Deeplay,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message and I'm glad that I was able to assist with your query! Apologies if the process caused any confusion. 

Please keep an eye out on your online account after your install and let us know how you get on and if you need any further help or assistance. 🙂

We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks Pauline much appreciated your help this morning checking this 🙂